{FB}Clan Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
Keywords

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hi guys.. Want to get the band back together!
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 03 Apr 2018, 7:36 am by DJ

» The true Man's office.
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyMon 02 Apr 2018, 3:06 pm by DJ

» Free Games up for grabs
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm by f3raldu+ch

» counter strike
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm by wags

» Email changes
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm by f3raldu+ch

» Minecraft meets World of Tanks and it's free to play :)
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 8:11 am by {FB}Zebitty

» New Minecraft Server
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm by skilz

» WILDSTAR guest passes.
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyWed 11 Jun 2014, 9:10 am by {FB}Chaos

» Interesting YouTube Clips
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyFri 16 May 2014, 8:30 pm by wags

» Post your Car
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyFri 16 May 2014, 8:28 pm by wags

» About time!!!
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 4:02 pm by {FB}Chaos

» The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptySat 01 Mar 2014, 9:37 am by {FB}Zebitty

» haha classic
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm by {FB}Zebitty

» Arma 3 Server Reactivation Poll
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 18 Feb 2014, 1:22 am by {FB}Chaos

» Realm switch
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyMon 17 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm by {FB}Zebitty

» Organistations are GO
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 8:28 am by {FB}Zebitty

» Happy Birthday Vsyncerator
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyTue 21 Jan 2014, 6:40 pm by {FB}CC2005

» Stuff
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014, 1:37 pm by {FB}CC2005

» Merry Christmas
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptySun 29 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm by {FB}Whos_asking99

» This looks pretty cool...
ORIGIN SUCKS EmptyMon 04 Nov 2013, 8:40 am by {FB}Zebitty

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 64 on Fri 10 Apr 2015, 3:04 pm

I forgot my password

ORIGIN SUCKS

+2
{FB}s3van
{FB}Zebitty
6 posters

Go down

ORIGIN SUCKS Empty ORIGIN SUCKS

Post by {FB}Zebitty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:50 pm

Bought ME3 on DVD. Went to install it and it forces the full download from Origin.

I go to the forums and there's a TON of ppl with the same problem...

There's a post on there from an EA staffer with instructions for going to their internet chat support site to get some alternate key to make the DVD install work, so I log into a chat session ...

Here's what happened...

----
You are now ready to chat with Praveen kumar.
Praveen kumar: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Praveen kumar how may I help you?
Praveen kumar: May I know your first and last name please?
you: rod
Praveen kumar: How are you rod?
Praveen kumar: Rod*
you: I'm fine .. I purchased ME3 and it won't install from the DVD
you: it insists on installing from the internet instead
you: the whole reason for buying the dvd was so didnt have to download the install 10gig
you: on the origin forum, and EA employee posted this http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8317630.page regarding the problem
you: can you please look at it - it will save you asking me a long list of questions .. the problem I am having is the one described there .. as many other people also seem to have the same problem
Praveen kumar: Well can you try disconnecting your Internet connection and then installing the game?
you: i tried that too - when you install the game it launches origin and asks for the CD key so the game can be registered .. with no internet connection, the installer shuts down and doesn't install
you: that forum post is linked - the EA staff member says we have to "You will need to contact a game advisor at help.origin.com for a proper entitlement in order for your discs to be recognized for installation. "
you: please just look at http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8317630.page and you will see what i am talking about
Praveen kumar: Well actually its not downloading the game using your internet connection.
Praveen kumar: The files are copied from your disc to Origin and then the game is installed from there.
you: no - it's not - i can clearly see the game downloading at ~200kbs and there is NO activity on the dvd drive
you: as i said .. LOTS of others are also experiencing this problem and EA have said it's a KNOWN problem ..
you: the EA forum says for users to "You will need to contact a game advisor at help.origin.com for a proper entitlement in order for your discs to be recognized for installation. "
you: so here i am .. asking for a proper entitlement number
Praveen kumar: Okay,please give me some time here so that I can come out with some helpful resolution for you.
Praveen kumar:
Praveen kumar: Well Rod,the installation is going through the disc only,you need not worry about that.
Praveen kumar: If its downloading something using your connection,then its downloading some patches.
Praveen kumar: Even though you are using disc you need origin to get the game installed.
you: no - it's not ... I can even take the DVD out and the download continues .. it tells me that its a 7.7 GB download and that it's going to take 10+ hours .. it's not just patches
you: its trying to install the whole thing from origin ...it's not even accessing the DVD
Praveen kumar: If its possible you can check you will not loose that amount from of data or will not be charged for it.
Praveen kumar: Its the installation through the disc.
you: ok listen .. i work in IT .. i know when something is installing from the DVD or from the internet ..
you: why then would an EA employee say its a known problem that 100's of people are complaining about on the forum ?
you: why would he tell customers to "You will need to contact a game advisor at help.origin.com for a proper entitlement in order for your discs to be recognized for installation. " if it was really installing off the DVD??
you: ok - i can't believe that despite having no idea what you're talking about, you're going to keep talking in circles, telling me its installing off the DVD when clearly it isnt .. i've just copied this conversation and as we speak i'm posting it to the EA tech support forums so they can see what a great job you're doing
Praveen kumar: You can even find this information on our website.here is the link https://help.ea.com/article/physical-bf3-disc-install-via-origin
you: did you even look at the link i asked you to read?
you: once again .. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8317630.page
you: did you read it ?
Praveen kumar: Yes I have Rod.
you: oh and by the way .. that link you just posted for me .. thats for BF3 ...!!!!
you: i'm talking about ME3 !!!!
you: so perhaps you need to pay more attention ?
you: ok i can see this is going to get me nowhere ... bye now

** before i shut down the chat window, he asks me for the ME3 key, which I provide to him

then after 10 mins of him saying nothing ..

Praveen kumar: Rod let me explain you that you need to download the updates and some installing files from origin that the reason it open while installing the game from disc.
Praveen kumar: I hope you will understand.
Praveen kumar: It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.

and then before I even have a chance to type a single word ...

Praveen kumar: Since I've not heard from you, I need to end the chat session. Please feel free to contact us again. We'll be glad to help you.
------

TL;DR version ...

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic.

No wonder customer satisfaction is in the toilet with regards to Origin, if this is the quality of the tech support on offer.

Zeb
{FB}Zebitty
{FB}Zebitty
2000 XP
2000 XP

Back to top Go down

ORIGIN SUCKS Empty Re: ORIGIN SUCKS

Post by {FB}Zebitty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 5:54 pm

I really really really want to smash something right now...

ok - take a page outta v's book .. FITFAB for me now...

ciao FBers
{FB}Zebitty
{FB}Zebitty
2000 XP
2000 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}s3van Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:04 am

I had to speak to an origin live support when back to karkand came out.They are utterly useless. I really want mass effect 3 but i have been good at saying no to things of late and EA/origin games are seriously pissing me off. ORIGIN is the worst thing ever those greedy bastards claim it increases the end user experience bla blah which is just bullshit.Why cant they say the truth like we are greedy fuckers and want to make everyone buy their games from us because whole selling billions of dollars worth of games a year to on sellers isn't enough. So, we will force you to download more software then is needed, to boot we will employ people with poor english who's technical skills are lacking because the labour is cheap. THANKX EA go F7%K YOURSELF.

Steam is where it is at and steam is where it will stay.EA dont really give a shit about their customers. Steam is solid & tech support is fantastic.Its easy to understand and it's simple

{FB}s3van
500 XP
500 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}VSync Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

OMG Zeb, this sought of BS from these so called techs these days drives me crazy too. As for Origin I hated EA for trying to compete with Steam, as s3van says, steam has always worked and flawlessly. LOL on the expletives e3van, I said the same under my breath.
For me now if it means using Origin they can get stuffed, it would be a desperate want to knock on their door again.
{FB}VSync
{FB}VSync
1500 XP
1500 XP

https://fbclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}s3van Thu 29 Mar 2012, 2:39 pm

Geez I did say a few nasty words there didn't I? hahaha totally didn't notice, only the last one where I attempted to censor some of the letters. Censored

{FB}s3van
500 XP
500 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}Zebitty Thu 29 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

Do yourself a favour and get mass effect 3 ... i know origin sucks and all, but i'm 3-4 hours into it and it's amazing - no wonder review sites are giving it 10's
{FB}Zebitty
{FB}Zebitty
2000 XP
2000 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by wags Thu 29 Mar 2012, 4:30 pm

I think I had something similar during install.

It was often jumping up to 3 megs a second and 200kbs, some downloaded, some installed from the disc. It wasnt one or the other... It was similar to battlefield 3. I however got it day one- so no big patches out. I cant see how this isnt normal though.

No problems with mass effect 3, awesome game, shame about the difference in endings...
wags
wags
400 XP
400 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}Alnitro Sat 31 Mar 2012, 4:06 pm

Iv'e had the same issue with a few steam based games to but at least you can get better support lol!
{FB}Alnitro
{FB}Alnitro
1100 XP
1100 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by {FB}Whos_asking99 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:51 am

That is real dodgy. From what I've heard, EA's support is pretty shit all round.

My problem with Steam and a duplicate CD key for Skyrim was sorted with in the week. All things considered I was real pleased with that time frame.
{FB}Whos_asking99
{FB}Whos_asking99
300 XP
300 XP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down